- Incorporate AtoZWorldCulture.com content into plans for grades 7 to 12.
- Offer 6 lesson themes adapted for 3 grade-level bands each.
- Offer 3 versions of each plan: short, medium, and long.
- Range from 1 to 5 class sessions.
- May be incorporated into classes in Language Arts, Social Studies, and related disciplines.
- Are pegged to learning standards designed by the National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE), the National Council for the Social Studies (NCSS), and Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts & Literacy in History/Social Studies, Science, and Technical Subjects (CCSS).
- Are inspired by the CCSS "vision of what it means to be a literate person in the 21st century," which includes understanding perspective differences and cultural differences—what we call cultural literacy.
- Are based on the CCSS recommendation to emphasize "rich tasks," i.e., those that integrate learning of several different skills at once (independent research, cultural understanding, reading, writing, peer collaboration, public speaking, etc.).
- Are effective as-is, or may be adapted to suit individual classroom needs.
- Are downloadable in Word and PDF formats.
Copyright © 1993-2023 World Trade Press. All rights reserved.